Friday, February 22, 2008

Anti-Gang Continued

It seems that it was not very hard at all to find a case of racial profiling in Sunnyside Washington. I simply asked my friends if they had heard of any cases and it turns out that it actually happened to one of them. Jerry was a case of racial profiling. It was his sister’s graduation and he was wearing shorts, Hawaiian shirt, and a shaved head. I guess the shaved head must of done it because he was confronted by a Sunnyside Police officer while making a trip to the restroom, he was asked if he was a gang member. Obviously a gangster will not wear shorts with a Hawaiian shirt, so was it the shaved head that made him look like a gangster, or was it the shaved head and the fact that he is Mexican. This is just one case that I did not have to look to far for. It had happened to a friend here at the university so I think that if I dig a little deeper their will be allot more cases of this happening in Sunnyside.

No comments: